Tuesday, January 12, 2010

can it be done?

some of you family that have found this blog may have noted the language - it's a bit scrapping centric, so i'll strive to re-focus that a bit, or at least explain myself a bit more - but one of the items that i'm going to try this year to preserve as a memory book is called a "Book of Me". Face Value, knee jerk reaction to this was whoa, what incredible hubris!! but then, i went through my photos. Hundreds over three years, and maybe 10 had my face in them. So if I get hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow, how will my husband explain to my son who his mother was? How am I going to be remembered (other than as a toast when 'hard-headed woman' comes over the airwaves)? so, i'm giving it a try. and it's one of the toughest things i've done so far - cause introspective is ok when it's all talk, but when you are getting it down on paper, and it's more than words - whew.

Here's the first page - some of it's blanked for privacy here - i know i'm paranoid (long story), and it has something new coming from Misty on Saturday at the Sweet Shoppe, so the credits will be linked up Friday the 15th.
Photobucket
and the second - using a question from Friday Love Letters / Baby Love Letters by Bev Hawley (please click image for full credits of items used to make the page)
Photobucket
the handwriting is actually mine! ha! think i need to work on that a bit, eh? playing around with writing a bit and scanning it in, not sure I want Darcy to make my handwriting into a font for me yet. Teared up pretty good when I found a note from Pop the other day, though, so I know I need to be preserving handwriting as well.

Going to be using the same background for all the pages of the book, with the square center, and then switching out what I use for the design of the page. Kinda neat this exciting, terrified feeling. Or maybe I'm just avoiding tax season again.

8 comments:

  1. Great job on the "Book of Me" page! I haven't even started yet but you make a very valid point if the proverbial bus were to hit me tomorrow. Hmmm, maybe I should get my rear in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting about the handwriting! I blogged about Darcy's handwriting fonts today myself. I enjoy preserving handwriting too :)

    I absolutely love the depth and realism of your pages. They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you used the same cluster on your layouts. You are such an amazing scrapper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, those pages are incredibly gorgeous!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pages! It is hard to start a BOM isn't it? How dare you do something all about you? :) Once you get going though, it does get easier

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely gorgeous girl! I'm doing the BOM project too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both pages are so pretty! I don't think it's vain to do something about you. Important to leave your mark.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! I JUST LOVE your "Book of Me" pages! so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete